Our History

The East Huntsville congregation began worshipping together in 1902 when members of the Randolph Street congregation began conducting Bible classes in a store building located on what is now Andrew Jackson Way.  As numbers increased Sunday worship services began and several tent meetings were conducted.  In 1907 a lot was purchased at the corner of Humes and Dement Street and a small frame building was built.  The first lot at the present location was purchased in 1943 and in 1950 the original brick building with 10 classrooms and an auditorium that could seat 350 was built.  In 1962 growth led to the need for a larger facility.  Three adjoining lots were purchased and in 1965 a new auditorium, with a seating capacity of 900, 20 additional classrooms and office were built.  The original building was kept along with auditorium and some of the classrooms.  However, some of the classrooms were converted into a fellowship hall and kitchen for the congregation’s use.  These were known as the Small Auditorium and West Wing.  In 2005 the Small Auditorium and West Wing were remodeled to enlarge the fellowship hall and kitchen and add a library for the congregation.

801 Humes Avenue, Huntsville, AL 35801 · 256-534-4001